Executive Summary YTD FY2013 – (July-Dec 2012):
- New residential construction is up 46% compared to the average of the past 6 years
- % of newcomers occupying new housing is 9% this quarter compares to 5-8% in previous reports
- Out-of-state relocation is up 12% compared to the average of the past 6
- Florida and Virginia are our top donor states – eclipsing third place North Carolina.
- States rounding out the top 10 (some are tied) are not neighboring states, so that’s more impressive – South Carolina, Ohio, California, Kentucky, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Maryland, Indiana, Louisiana, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.
- The net gain of “moved to” vs. “moved away” is creeping back up at +507 families – that’s $29.1 million in annual economic impact. It had been as low as the high 400’s in previous reports.
- Washington, DC-VA-MD-WV clipped Tampa Bay as the #1 out-of-state market moving to Kingsport. Rounding out the Top 10 are Atlanta, Miami, Asheville, New York, Orlando, Charlotte, Chicago and Virginia Beach.
Read the full report at: